Wednesday, September 16, 2009

unconditionally obsessively missing you

You make me want to pick up my guitar and write a sad, lonely, cheesy country song.
Except. I'm not good at country songs. and country sucks ass to begin with most of the time, anyways.

I did write a song for you. I did, I did, I did! A while ago. Now, I am editing the lyrics, because I have decided to give it to you.

Because, I don't know what else to give anymore.

This is me. This has always been me, and perhaps always will be me. The people that surround me mean more to me than oxygen, than water, than the basic molecules that I need to survive.
That fact is semi-ironic, considering that if I wasn't alive, I wouldn't be able to enjoy them/love them/write sad, lonely, cheesy country songs about them anyways.
But...somehow I know it is true.

There is a guitar in my room. It is mine now. It sounds like shit, it's most likely out of tune, but it looks pretty and it is mine.
I like it.

But I will, I WILL, find a way to let you know how much you mean to me. Because how can you hate me if you know that you were one of the best friends I have ever had? I'm going to keep on trying. I don't care what your friends say about me. I don't care how many times you will dash behind a locker or back door to avoid me. I'm not going to back down anymore.

Long-term Goals:
1. Do not have a panic attack every time I see you in the hallways.
2. Do not look away when you make eye contact with me.
3. Find out which locker is yours. Write a note. Leave it in your locker.
4. If step 3 does not work, which it won't, hand the note to you personally. Resist hyperventilation as I actually attempt to come within six feet of you.
5. If step 4 does not work, which it won't, find a friend to give the note to you. Resist hyperventilation as I watch this exchange happening from afar.
6. If step 5 does not work, which it won't, chase you down the hallway until you can't run anymore, so I can stuff this note in your hand.
7. Once note-giving has been achieved (a harder task than you think), burn copy of song written for you onto CD. Repeat steps 3,4,5, and 6 until CD gets to you.
8. Pray that you will listen to CD.
9. Hope that you will understand the lyrics on CD.
10. Worry that you will laugh at my pathetic attempts to play guitar on CD.
11. Remember what a great guitar player you are, hope that I get a response from all the effort I put into recording that CD, and cry.
12. ????
13. Start and repeat?

No comments:

Post a Comment